I love to Tweet!

Follow Maylovesmakeup on Twitter

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Wheat-Free for Lent

Hi girls! After indulging in pancakes yesterday today is the first day of Lent, when it's traditional to give up an indulgence for 40 days and nights.


Rather than opting for the ever popular chocolate this year I've decided to go wheat-free for Lent! If you've been following Clare's Diary of a Desperate Dieter series on Big Beauty Blog you'll know she's been seeing a fab personal trainer in Leeds from PT Health called Darren who's encouraged her to go wheat-free on the Paelo or 'caveman' diet. I've been popping over to see Darren with her and he's a huge inspiration to eat healthily! She's doing so well with the diet and I'm going to support her by going wheat-free for Lent.


I'm not going wheat-free to 'diet' or lose weight but I'm the kind of girl who always has that 3pm slump if I have a sandwich for lunch but I'm always full of energy if I opt for wheat-free sushi. Hopefully ditching wheat long-term will lead to more energy and a more varied diet!

What are you girls giving up for Lent or have you given up giving up?

May
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hehe I gave up wheat for Lent 3 years ago and have never looked back! My life is so much happier without it :D This year I'm giving up swearing for lent - it's something that's crept in since coming to Uni and I hate it so I'm making the conscious decision to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go wheat-free, but it's so difficult being a vegetarian too - I quite often only have one meal choice when I eat out as it is, and pasta/rice often end up bulking out my dinners at home. That said, quite a few of my friends have gone wheat-free and are so much happier for it. Hope it goes well!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've decided to give up my absolute favorite indulgence for Lent. Which mens, no dessert for me for 40 days and nights. No chocolate, no pastries, no cake, no cookies... Hoping I haven't just set myself myself up for epic failure. :)

    Btw, love love love that pastel kitchen photo!

    Stephanie
    www.1sweetlemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete